- Postdoctoral Associate, David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2011 – 2013
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 2011
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2006
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran 2003
- Provost Early Career Award for Research Excellence, May 2018
- Senior member of IEEE, Feb. 2018 – Present
- NSF CAREER Award, Feb. 2016
- Technical Program Committee Member of IEEE MTT-10: Biological Effects and Medical Applications of RF and Microwaves, 2015 – Present
- Assistant Professor and Director of the Bio-electromagnetics Laboratory, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2013 – Present
06/2018 Stevens has filed a provisional patent on our hybrid dual-beam radar.
04/2018 Congrats to Amir for having two papers accepted to IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.
Paper#1 is on Ultra-Wideband, Stable Normal and Cancer Skin Tissue Phantoms for Millimeter-Wave Skin Cancer Imaging.
Paper #2 is on Synthetic Ultra-high-resolution Millimeter-wave Imaging for Skin Cancer Detection.
04/2018 Dr. Tavassolian is selected as the recipient of the 2018 Provost’s Early Career Award for Research Excellence. Link to Stevens News.