- Postdoctoral Associate, David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2011-2013
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 2011
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2006
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran 2003
- Provost Early Career Award for Research Excellence, May 2018
- Senior member of IEEE, Feb. 2018-Present
- NSF CAREER award, Feb. 2016
- Technical Program Committee member of IEEE MTT-10: Biological Effects and Medical Applications of RF and Microwaves, 2015-Present
- Assistant Professor and Director of the Bio-electromagnetics Laboratory, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2013-Present
04/2018 Congrats to Amir for having two papers accepted to IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.
Paper#1 is on Ultra-Wideband, Stable Normal and Cancer Skin Tissue Phantoms for Millimeter-Wave Skin Cancer Imaging.
Paper #2 is on Synthetic Ultra-high-resolution Millimeter-wave Imaging for Skin Cancer Detection.
05/2018 Dr. Tavassolian delivers a talk at the Northrup Grumman Microsystems Seminar Series at the University of Maryland.
04/2018 Dr. Tavassolian is selected as the recipient of the 2018 Provost’s Early Career Award for Research Excellence.
The award will be presented at the Faculty Awards and Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony on Tuesday, May 22 at 4:30 p.m. at the DeBaun Auditorium.
04/2018 Congrats to Mehrdad for having a second paper accepted to IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.
The paper is on a Broadband Slotted Blade Dipole Antenna for Airborne UAV Applications.